Monday, February 28, 2011

pogs and onions

Last night, I dreamt I was hopping a shuttle/train to get somewhere just in the nick of time. Since I was running late, I figured I'd buy my fare on the train. Snoop Dogg was collecting, and would not accept my $2 because, like an airline attendant, he could not take cash. He instructed me to go to the ticket window and purchase a pass, which was pretty much a stack of 15 pogs strung on a shoelace. Ok, FINE, Snoop Dogg. I waited online forever, and when I finally got to the ticket window, the girl behind it told me that since the shuttle was about to leave, and I was in the 10 minute window, I'd have to pay more. I was furious, but what could I do? I ran back to the train where I had left my wallet, got the additional $3.60 for the "last minute fare" (more than DOUBLE, totally bogus) and tried to return to the cashier who knew I was about to miss this train. She rudely told me I'd have to wait in line again. In danger of missing this train, being late, and losing all my stuff, I started throwing a fit. Then mom appeared and slammed the cashier window open, drawing the attention of everyone in a 30 foot radius of us. Humiliating. We did eventually get me admission to the shuttle, but instead of being shoelaced pogs like the regular fare, last minute fair was two strands of raw onion. Snoop Dogg happily accepted these and we took our seats next to Jen in what was now an ENORMOUS ampitheatre, where we were attending an awards show.

Also, something about Aimee on Big Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment