Friday, June 1, 2012

To and fro

Weird one last night... can't put these segments in order, but here we go:

  • I dropped my iPhone and much to my dismay, the bottom right corner just... fell off.  Two pieces of phone.  I decided to reset the software to the previous hour, convinced that it would work for the physical phone as well.  I reset the phone and then rubbed it against what I can only describe as a sprinkled loaf of bread and wa la! Success.
  • I was supposed to work a half day and go in at like, 4pm.  I usually took the bus from in front of the Carvel on Hicksville Road, and since it was raining, I stopped into Duane Reade to get an umbrella.  I picked one out that had a flamingo pattern on it, waited on line (all the while nervous about missing my bus) and.... purchased something else entirely ( I can't remember what).  The cashier kept asking me a question that I couldn't hear, so I just said no.  I realized after I asked her for a gift receipt and she glared at me that that had been the question all along.  Needless to say, when I asked if I could grab an umbrella and buy it without waiting in line again, she said no.  I went next door to Payless to buy some plastic shoes (you know, that wouldn't get messed up in the rain) and was so pumped that Jellies were back in style and there were plenty to choose from.  For some reason, instead of just buying the shoes and getting on the damn bus, I kept going back and forth from Payless, to Duane Reade, to the sushi place in the middle (which is the only thing that is not actually in the shopping center). The fat white guy that owned the sushi place chased me out because I was getting everything wet. I ran into my mom and Jen outside, and convinced Jennifer to give me an umbrella and my mom to trade shoes with me.  Finally, I was ready for the bus, which I clearly missed.  I called Scott to explain that by the time I took an hour long bus ride (which is how I commuted in Hawaii) to the hour long train (which is how I commute now), I wouldn't be there until 7pm, so I was just going to go home.
  • I ran into William H. Macy in my living room.  He had just returned from Costco and was lamenting the purchase of a 36 pack of 6 different full sized cereals.  After getting it home, he had remembered that he only liked whole wheat cereal.  From there, I was exiting what was supposed to be Lienne's dorm at law school, only to get involved in a paint filled water balloon (paint balloon?) fight.  Felicity Huffman was there, so I got to tell her about her husbands cereal regrets.  Also in attendance: Doug, the Umberto's delivery boy that looks like a panda, and Sam, one of the girls Steve traveled to Uganda with. I eventually exited with my now lovely painted hair, and descended down a back staircase/fire escape into the backyard/elementary school playground, where I saw a Madeline Albright as a child meeting her teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment