Tuesday, July 19, 2011

failed attempts

Dreamt last night that I was seeing a movie with Rich and he insisted on sitting with a seat in between us. Gwen's name flashed up during the beginning credits, and I spent the rest of the movie trying to text her to congratulate her, only to find that too difficult and start making giant construction paper cards. I kept spelling things wrong on them, and eventually just left all my sad attempts under the seat.

From there we were back "home", which I think was supposed to be the house in Hawaii. There were a whole bunch of people there and everyone was showering in one bathroom, while I tried to fix the faucet in the other, which had cracked and wouldn't turn off. While trying to fix it, I succeeded in cracking the whole sink and somehow ripping my nose ring out. I had this long straw-like contraption to try to put it back in, but to no avail. I went to ask Rich to throw my phone up to me (I was on a high, wooden lanai) so I could call the landlord about the sink. He tried to throw it to Tony but was waaaayyyy off, but miraculously stuck to my hand. I then realized that I had taken the number out of my phone (I very recently deleted my Boston landlords number) and went searching for correspondence. Inside the oven, I found a stack of letters with typos that Rich was sending out to dispute some charges.

At some point last night I also dreamt that I was on a crowded playground overlooking the ocean, when someone pointed out that the clouds looked really strange. When we all went to look we realized that there was a floating city in the clouds, and it was going to hit us. We all braced for impact, but the city passed right under us. Just as we thought we were safe, the ground we were on tilted wildly to the left, and then the right... it gets kinda fuzzy from there.

Two nights ago, the 17th, I dreamt that I was returning to my dorm with Erin, Linds, and Jax. It was raining, or we were running late, something that was making us hurry, and someone remembered that you could pass through adjoining dorms by using the "elevator" trick. We tried to get all four of us on one elevator without letting anyone else on, which proved quite difficult. We needed to get the elevator to the top floor with just the four of us on it, and then have it crash to the bottom (which incidentally was a pool) and we'd somehow end up in our own dorm. These elevators, by the way, were small dressing rooms and octagonal. We succeeded in dropping the elevator to the bottom, but had not moved buildings. We got out and decided to walk because this was more trouble that it was worth, when the police swarmed in - apparently the elevator trick had been banned. We snuck away down the alley, and hoped that no one noticed.

I've also been dreaming a lot about Hawaii - one night this week I dreamt that I was jogging and I decided I wanted to go to Lanikai. In my head, it would be easy, since I had a car again (the Altima I drive in NY - didn't cross my dream brain that the car and I were in NY, and the beach was not). I wanted to run home really fast so that I could go, but of course, as is always the case in my dreams, I could barely move at all. I also dreamt that I ran into Aimee in the water in Waikiki - she was there with her mom for a long weekend to visit her beau. I was giving her suggestions of things to see and places to visit, but she kept telling me that they had only one more day and it was kind of planned already. It turned out that they were manning a table for a college fair or some other kind of recruiting for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment