Wednesday, January 19, 2011

¿Cuánto?

Last night, I was depositing a $300 check into a Spanish ATM. I was distraught because after fees and exchange rates, only $165 were deposited... then doubly distraught to discover I had deposited the money into someone elses account. I waited on an exceptionally long line to speak to a teller, only to discover that my Spanish isn't so good, and I could not effectively communicate what I was trying to say. Fortunately, this gave the teller an opportunity to test out the banks translating headset, which looked much like a Camelback backpack, but with a headset instead of straw. The teller was so pleased with how well it worked, that she was thoroughly distracted from the task at hand.

Fortunately, I made it home (wherever this home was supposed to be) in time to catch the sunset from a lanai-type room with lots of bunkbeds, and assorted people from assorted times of my life. The view offered was from the top of a crater, I'm guessing because Haleakala is on my mind. We were planning to head out for drinks, but I felt so tired (since I was, in all actuality, fast asleep) so all I could do was announce that I needed coffee. Dad to the rescue - he brewed a pot right up, just in time for my alarm to go off.


My dreams are notoriously detailed and very, very strange. I'd like to remember more of them, identify patterns if there are any, and finally know for sure whether I've dreamed things before or just think that I have. This is mostly for me, but if you're here, and you're reading, I hope you enjoy. Bet you make a cameo sometime soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment