Monday, October 31, 2011

bon voyage

Dreamt last night that it was my last day in Hawaii and Rich and I were supposed to go to the beach with Max and Christina. Keli'i swung by to try to explain some secret beach where the water was two different temperatures, but mid-explanation I realized I was naked from the waist down and went inside. I started packing all the frames that were hanging but couldn't find anywhere to put the push pins I was pulling down. We never made it to the beach, but soon I was in a car with Jess and the girls and we went to see a seamstress with a tent outside an apartment complex. For some reason, Jessica was really made at her because something was missing or wrong, but I had given her my wallet to make it close tighter, and was pleased with her work. Flash to me sitting at a diner with Ward and Meg and one of their parents and congratulating Meg on her kickass Halloween costume. THEN I was at my going-away party, hosted by Umberto's, even though I was leaving Hawaii and going to work for them. A four course meal was served with dancing in between meals, and Loeven and I did an awesome swing dance. I also played a round of red light, green light, 1 2 3 with Nally's little cousins, before returning to my table to try to remove the pork core from my steak. After dinner I went to use the bathroom and then got hopelessly lost, and the building got increasingly spooky. I was climbing up these creepy, hanging metal staircases when I saw Eduardo and started yelling for him to wait, but he couldn't hear me. When I tried to chase after him, I realized my feet were floating and I couldn't get them to hit the ground, which really slowed me down. I ran into a family who pointed out that my steps were really weird. I stopped being so terrified of the creepy building I was in, because if this family was here it was probably fine, but I never did make it back to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment